Woco Gold Property
The Woco Gold Prospect is located west of Uchi Lake at the south end of a series of historical gold mines (Uchi Mine) on a north-south trend.
- High-grade gold mineralization was discovered at the Woco Prospect in 1993 by St. Jude Resources Ltd. Two drill programs identified a mineralized quartz vein extending over a distance of 100 m along strike and 150 m depth.
- The high-grade core plunges north at -60o and is cut-off at the south end by a late E-W fault. The offset continuation has not been discovered.
- Gold mineralization occurs as fine specks of gold disseminate in the quartz and closely associated with hairline fractures in the quartz;
- The Woco Vein is located in a high strain zone that occurs at the contact between a competent felsic metavolcanics (dacite) and pillowed mafic metavolcanics (basalt).
- The Woco Vein and structure trend northerly and dip steeply west occurring 300 m west of the Uchi Break, a regional N-S structure hosting a series of past gold producers (Uchi Gold Mine).
- Shearing and alteration extends 1-2 m from the vein contact; felsic metavocanic (dacite) are sheared and strongly sericitized and mafic metavolcanics (basalt) are sheared and carbonatized.