Macassa Creek Property
The property is located 40km west of Wawa, Ontario, in the David Lakes (Mishibishu) Area, Sault Ste. Marie Mining Division, and District of Algoma, Ontario.
- Gold mineralization occurs within quartz-bearing shear zones straddling the metavolcanic-metasedimentary contact on the western continuation of the Mishibishu Lake Deformation Zone that also hosts the Mishi and Magnacon Deposits.
- 1986 and 1987 drilling indicated a low grade gold bearing east-west trending mineralized zone on Argo Gold claim immediately south and west of Wesdome claims and leases.
- Drilling program underway by Wesdome Mines west of the Mishi Mine over a 3 km strike length to the west of the Mishi Deposit, with drill holes spaced at 200 metre intervals.
- The nature of the Mishi Gold Deposit is a moderately low grade, high tonnage deposit (open pit bulk mining). The deposit model for the Macassa Creek Property will be similar to the Mishi Deposit.
- The Macassa Creek Property is located close to the Mishi Deposit and the Magnacon Mill complex. The claim block is accessible by road from Wawa and locally, by logging roads.